Having a beautiful lawn does not mean that you only have lovely and healthy plants, trees and flowers. You also need to make sure that your lawn turf is also healthy and attractive looking as well. And this is where all the other important lawn care and tasks come in: regular mowing, watering, fertilizing, mulching and getting rid of or controlling the growth of all those unwanted weeds.
All these tasks can be quite hard and time-consuming, especially if you have a very wide-spaced lawn. You will be spending a lot of time on mowing, watering and fertilizing your yard. You might find yourself already tired from doing such chores and unable to proceed with the other tasks that comes with taking care of and maintaining your bushes, flowerbeds and other plants.
There is a particular type of grass that is quite low maintenance. You don’t have to spend a lot of your time, effort and even money in maintaining this particular kind of grass. If you’re wondering what variety of grass this is, it’s actually called artificial grass.
The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Having Synthetic Grass On Your Lawn
Before you immediately invest in some artificial grass, you need to know the pros and cons of having this particular type of grass at home. Below are some of the noteworthy and significant advantages and disadvantages of having an artificial lawn turf:
• Artificial grass is just like natural grass but they are stronger, more durable and long-lasting.
• You don’t have to water synthetic grass regularly. You only need to use water to clean them.
• Since they don’t grow, you don’t have to mow your lawn anymore.
• You also don’t need to spread fertilizers and mulches on an artificial lawn turf.
• Synthetic grass can withstand any weather condition.
• They can also handle a huge amount of foot traffic that natural grass simply could not.
• It is safe for both children and pets.
• Artificial grass can easily and quickly absorb heat. As such, the artificial lawn turf can become too hot to walk or play on, especially for young kids and pets.
• Though they don’t need to be cleaned or maintained on a daily basis, synthetic grasses have to be kept tidy and neat. Otherwise, you will risk having bacteria growing and spreading on your artificial lawn turf.
• The process of installing the artificial turf includes destroying any living organism on your lawn’s subsoil. In case you want to grow anything on a spot that currently or previously had fake grass, you will have to wait for many years.
It is important that you know the benefits and disadvantages of getting artificial lawn turf before you invest in them. Weigh your decision carefully before choosing to get one since having synthetic grass on your lawn is not as simple as planting a new tree or plant that you can remove or transplant in a different area anytime you want to.